Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is a leader in dental benefits, plus so much more.
We improve oral health through benefit plans, advocacy and community support, and our corporate giving builds healthy, smart, vibrant and inclusive communities. We devote our time, talents and financial resources to improve oral and overall health, and we invest in initiatives that support youth, education, workforce and economic development.
We are a force for good--part of the reason why employees find working at Delta Dental fulfilling.
Delta Dental companies nationwide comprise the Delta Dental Plans Association, which provides coverage to more than 80 million Americans and operates two of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists.
For more, visit www.deltadentalmi.com and www.buildingbrighterfutures.com, and apply online at www.deltadentalmi.com/careers.
In a developing and learning capacity, the Trainee will perform the following typical assignments:
• Researches inquiries by accessing the claims processing system and other informational sources
• Responds to customer/group and provider questions through telephone contact and/or written communication (such as mail) using proper etiquette, grammar, punctuation, etc.
• Maintains related departmental records and files
• Operates office equipment which may include a personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, etc.
• Makes corrections to claims and eligibility
• Enters new claims, eligibility and subscriber information into the mainframe
• Reviews subscriber’s coverage to determine type and level of benefits
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• One year of customer service experience in a business environment that requires the use of a computer program to assist the customer, preferably in a call center, and/or dental experience
• Successful completion of the customer service simulation test (minimum score of 62 out of a possible 100) (assessment waived if candidate previously passed test while at Delta Dental or if previously held Customer Service Trainee, Customer Service Advisor or Customer Service Associate position)
• Employees bidding the first shift must have the ability to begin work 8:25 a.m. or work until 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
• Employees bidding the second shift must have the ability to begin work at 11:00 a.m. or work until 12:00 Midnight, Monday through Friday
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Delta Dental of Michigan and its affiliates in Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio and Tennessee collectively are among the largest dental plan administrators in the nation. In 2017, the enterprise paid out $3.7 billion for dental care for 13.3 million members. Offices are located in Okemos and Farmington Hills, Michigan; Sherwood and Little Rock, Arkansas; Indianapolis, Indiana; Louisville, Kentucky; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati, Ohio; and Nashville, Knoxville and Memphis, Tennessee.