Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana is a leader in dental benefits, plus so much more.
We improve oral health through benefit plans, advocacy and community support, and our corporate giving builds healthy, smart, vibrant and inclusive communities. We devote our time, talents and financial resources to improve oral and overall health, and we invest in initiatives that support youth, education, workforce and economic development.
We are a force for good--part of the reason why employees find working at Delta Dental fulfilling.
Delta Dental companies nationwide comprise the Delta Dental Plans Association, which provides coverage to more than 80 million Americans and operates two of the nation's largest networks of participating dentists.
For more, visit www.deltadentalmi.com and www.buildingbrighterfutures.com, and apply online at www.deltadentalmi.com/careers.
Job Summary: Collaborates with our Business Units to gain knowledge regarding enterprise applications and current processes. Acting as a liaison between the Product Owner and Agile Team, elicits requirements and creates agile user stories, offering alternative Business solutions and clarifying requirements where necessary. Performs testing of agile user stories and support the implementation of system changes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Speaks and understands the language of our Business when communicating with the Product Owners and Business Users, and the technical language of our Agile Teams when communicating with Developers and Testers.
2. Collaborates with the Product Owner in order to gain a clear understanding of all business processes, procedures, goals, and objectives.
3. Attends and is an active participant in requirements meetings held by the Business in order to further understand Business priorities.
4. Analyzes proposed changes and identify gaps in requirements. This may include changes to current processes, applications, file layouts, and web services.
5. Works in partnership with the Product Owner to write clear and concise Agile user stories. Breaks down larger user stories into multiple, smaller, user stories according to departmental standards.
6. Assists the Product Owner to record priority order to ensure it is done frequently, completely, and in a timely manner.
7. Attends and engages in daily standup meetings along with other agile team ceremonies.
8. Follows departmental testing processes to create and document test cases, execute the test cases for the assigned stories, verify and report the results.
9. May extract test data from databases by creating new, or altering existing, basic SQL queries. The data will be used for testing and verification of results.
10. Expected to swarm user stories in order to help the team meet their commitments for the sprint.
11. Assists the Product Owner and Scrum Master to prepare for Team Sprint Reviews and System Demos.
12. Constantly looks for ways to improve processes and discuss issues, all in order to deliver better value to the customer.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or a related field and three years of experience identifying, organizing, analyzing, testing, communicating, and documenting business rules, system requirements, and process workflows or five years of experience with progressively more responsibility administering group insurance contracts, including two years of experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving business needs or system issues. Experience writing technical documentation preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Experience with the Agile methodology (Scrum or SAFe is preferred) and tools used to create and track Agile user stories (VersionOne is preferred). Experience creating, altering, or running SQL queries. Basic working knowledge of web services (REST or SOAP). Experience with Lean Six Sigma and Yellow Belt training. Ability to review software changes and determine system impact. Experience with incident/support ticketing systems and process workflow. Ability to analyze and resolve problems. The ability to be flexible in a fast paced and active work environment. Good communication skills in order to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Delta Dental of Michigan and its affiliates in Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio and Tennessee collectively are among the largest dental plan administrators in the nation. In 2017, the enterprise paid out $3.7 billion for dental care for 13.3 million members. Offices are located in Okemos and Farmington Hills, Michigan; Sherwood and Little Rock, Arkansas; Indianapolis, Indiana; Louisville, Kentucky; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Raleigh and Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati, Ohio; and Nashville, Knoxville and Memphis, Tennessee.