As a Dynamometer Technician you will measure, examine, and test brake samples to determine their physical properties with direction from senior or staff technician, supervisor, or engineer. The position has the responsibility to carry out quality activities in support of quality policy, quality system documentation and department goals. Responsibilities include assembly and disassembly of different brake hardware and fixtures, check instrumentation calibration, monitor on-going tests, work with engineers on special projects, program/set up software, and maintain a clean work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Set up fixtures/hardware for brake dynamometer tests (requires lifting up to 60 lbs)
* Measure parts for wear and other characteristics pre/post test
* Assist engineers with running dynamometer and other tests including manual control of dynamometers
* Disassemble test hardware and inspect components for defects, irregularities..
* Plan sequence of testing on a daily basis for instruments and test equipment, able to follow general test priorities
* Set up noise testing equipment including routing of cables, calibration checks, and sound analyzers
* Read and follow test request directions consistently
* Attention to detail with ability to conduct tests properly with minimal errors
* Understand reasons and procedures for tests
* Communicate and support internal customers (engineers)
* Check calibration of instrumentation such as micrometers, pressure transducers, torque cells and other sensitive equipment.
* Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude, strong work ethic, self-starter, and strong initiative in getting work completed to achieve department/individual goals
* Professional/team-oriented attitude and interaction with other associates
* Willingness to work multiple shifts as required
* Computer knowledge (MS Office, Windows XP)
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* General mechanical trouble shooting abilities
Qualifications and Skills
Associate degree (A. A..) or equivalent from two-year College in applied science (electrical/mechanical/computers/physics) or technical school, and up to one year technician experience (intern or co-op acceptable) are highly desirable.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Ability to read and comprehend technical test instruction documents. Ability to write correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Knowledge of brake testing procedures and practices
Job Type: Full-time
Founded in 1965, Greening is made up of two distinct companies under the same umbrella: Greening Associates, Inc., and Greening Testing Laboratories, Inc. From our home base in Detroit, we provide SAE-standard machinery and ISO-certified testing services worldwide.
The Brake Technician position is part of the Greening Testing Laboratories, Inc. Team. Our laboratory is ISO 17025-certified to provide assembly and performance testing. Our facility is the only one certified by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) (certification 1575.01) as meeting the ISO/IEC 17025 general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
In addition to our Detroit headquarters, we have contacts and partners in China, Europe, India and South Korea to serve our international clients.