General Description: Responsible for all geologic support activities associated with exploration drilling, field work, core logging and processing and exploration target generation at all levels.
• Logs drill core for geological and geotechnical data
• Data logging entry
• Monitors drill core processing activities and assists when needed
• Assist with interpretations of logging and assay results to produce geological and exploration models
• Compiles geologic and geophysical data in selected software to support target generation
• Assists Senior Geologist and Resource Geologist as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Bachelor of Science in Geology or related field preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years geologic field experience preferred
• Knowledge of magmatic nickel-copper deposit models. Experience with magmatic deposits preferred
• Experience with geologic modelling software preferred, e.g. Leapfrog, Target, GOCAD, or Vulcan
• Experience with database input and management, preferably acquire preferred
• Able to live and work in the USA
Everyone in the workplace is responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of their co-workers. Employees are responsible for performing all tasks in accordance with relevant HSEC Site Procedures, so as to work safely and keep the workplace safe. Lundin Mining Company is responsible for determining steps required to ensure health and safety of all employees, protection of the environment, and the community. Specifically, all employees must:
• Accept personal responsibility for HSEC
• Identify hazards, unsafe actions, and conditions that could result in damage to property, injury, impacts to the environment, and the community
• Obey any instruction issued to protect their own personal health and safety, and the health and safety of others, protection of the environment and the community.
• Report, as soon as practicable to their Manager any situations where HSEC requirements are not being conformed to within their work area
• Avoid endangerment to any other person through any act or omission
• Only use equipment you are trained to use and operate the equipment in a way that is safe, protects the environment and doesn’t cause undue community impacts.
• Participate in HSEC training provided to them
• Report all incidents; including but not limited to injuries, near miss, community interactions and impacts, environmental impacts, spills, unsafe work practices, etc.
Our mission is to produce high quality nickel and copper with industry best practices in safety, environmental protection, and community engagement for modern mining.
As Michigan’s newest mine in decades, we’re dedicated to keeping our employees safe, protecting the environment, and being a responsible community member.