MAIN PURPOSE: Ensures mobile equipment availability, serviceability and reliability by performing mobile maintenance.
• Perform major/minor mobile equipment repairs and preventative maintenance activities.
• Perform and manage mobile maintenance lubrication routes
• Provide assistance to mechanical maintenance department
• Rebuild pumps, cylinders, and hydraulic systems as needed
• Inspection of all critical mobile lifting equipment for defects
• Perform all annual inspections per MSHA requirements
• Operate various light and heavy equipment as needed
• Ability to respond to emergency afterhours mobile equipment failures
• Assist and train others as needed to improve efficiency and quality
• Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 15 years working as a Heavy Mobile Maintenance Mechanic required
• Mobile Maintenance Mechanic certifications preferred
• Skilled in Electrical and Hydraulic print reading and repair
• Familiarity with Reliability Centered Maintenance preferred
• Working in a leadership role during your career preferred
Everyone in the workplace is responsible for his or her own safety and for the safety of their co-workers. Employees are responsible for performing all tasks in accordance with relevant HSEC Site Procedures, so as to work safely and keep the workplace safe. Lundin Mining Company is responsible for determining steps required to ensure health and safety of all employees, protection of the environment, and the community. Specifically, all employees must:
• Accept personal responsibility for HSEC
• Identify hazards, unsafe actions, and conditions that could result in damage to property, injury, impacts to the environment, and the community
• Obey any instruction issued to protect their own personal health and safety, and the health and safety of others, protection of the environment and the community.
• Report, as soon as practicable to their Manager any situations where HSEC requirements are not being conformed to within their work area
• Avoid endangerment to any other person through any act or omission
• Only use equipment you are trained to use and operate the equipment in a way that is safe, protects the environment and doesn’t cause undue community impacts.
• Participate in HSEC training provided to them
• Report all incidents; including but not limited to injuries, near miss, community interactions and impacts, environmental impacts, spills, unsafe work practices, etc.
Our mission is to produce high quality nickel and copper with industry best practices in safety, environmental protection, and community engagement for modern mining.
As Michigan’s newest mine in decades, we’re dedicated to keeping our employees safe, protecting the environment, and being a responsible community member.