Responsible for the safety, security, and welfare of youths on designated shift within assigned unit(s). Ensures adherence to licensing regulations, other applicable legislation, and administrative policy. Assists in the preparation of weekly written programs detailing a 24-hour schedule of activities for residents as well as work schedules for Youth Specialists working on assigned shift. Directly supervises Youth Specialists. Serves as a liaison on assigned shift between youths and involved parties, and performs various public relations activities as assigned. Performs admission/intake duties during assigned shift. Must be available to work day, afternoon, midnight and/or weekend shifts; schedule assigned by supervisor. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.Minimum Qualifications
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
1. Possess an Associate's degree or sixty (60) semester credit hours from an accredited college or university with a major in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Public Administration, or closely related field.
2. Have had at least two (2) years of full-time work experience in a correctional child care institution.
NOTE: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a field listed above may be substituted for one (1) year of experience in 2; OR
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a field listed above may be substituted for all of the experience in 2.
3. Have not been convicted of a felony violation of criminal law. (Criminal law generally includes all offenses except traffic law, conservation law, and liquor law.)
4. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
5. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
6. Successfully complete the six-month probationary period.Work History
1. Must maintain a valid United States vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license.
2. Must submit to immunizations as requested by the Department of Health & Human Services and to periodic tuberculin skin tests or chest X-rays at County expense.
3. Drive designated county-owned vehicle when on-duty, unless directed otherwise.
4. Must become certified as an instructor in the facility's approved crisis prevention/physical management program. Certification must be maintained and renewed annually.
5. Must become certified in CPR and maintain certification annually.
6. Before beginning employment candidates will be required to provide Children's Village with documentation from the Department of Human Services (DHS) that they have not been named in a central registry case as the perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect. In addition, applicants being considered for hire will be asked to sign a form authorizing Children's Village to request and receive a criminal history check in accordance with the privacy act of 1974.
Applicants for positions at Children's Village will not be considered if they have been convicted of either of the following:
(a) Child Abuse or Neglect.
(b) A felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire.
Part-time positions work up to 1,000 hours per calendar year and allow employees the ability to work around commitments outside of the County. We offer summer employment, student positions, college intern positions, and year-round part-time employment.
Those employed full-time receive a full benefits package, growth opportunities and employee training along with generous tuition reimbursement. More details can be found at www.oakgov.com/jobs.
We recognize that your hard work and dedication to the communities we serve are the driving force behind our success and we continually look for additional ways to build a positive work environment. Join us on our journey to continue to make Oakland County a great place to Live, Work & Play.