Greet and assist clients through the intake, tax preparation and quality review process.
· Provide an accurate tax return upholding the highest quality and ethical standards.
· Complete intake/interview with client to obtain information and verify documents.
· Facilitate integration of Wayne Metro programs and saving products and services.
· Comply and follow security, privacy, confidentiality and standard of conducts set by the IRS and Wayne Metro.
· Assist in preparation and completion of data entry of files.
· Assist in efforts to promote and increase capacity of the Tax Program.
· Attend training and assist in organizing community events.
· Promote saving at tax time.
· Other duties as assigned.
Willingness to complete IRS VITA/TCE Program Certifications within two weeks of date of hire.
· Maintain a positive attitude towards assigned work, clients, and staff.
· Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
· Uses sound judgement and initiative to analyze and resolve problems.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
· Good interpersonal and professional skills including but not limited to professional appearance, tact, punctuality, planning, organizing and dependability.
· Ability to provide services for those persons facing economic, social, health, age, and educational barriers.
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment (as deemed necessary).
· Perform work in a manner that upholds Wayne Metro policies and procedures.
In our pursuit to eliminate poverty, Wayne Metro empowers people and communities to be strong, healthy, and thriving.
We envision thriving communities where all people have hope and opportunities to realize their full potential.
Our employees use their individual strengths to help solve some of Wayne County’s toughest challenges and empower the community through collective impact.