Division: Early Childhood
Department: Early Head Start
Supervisor: Site Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt-Union
1. High School Diploma or GED required. As a condition of employment, an employee must enroll in a Child Development Associate (CDA) for Infant and Toddler credential program upon employment and successfully complete the certification within nine (9) months of hire date.
2. Must be able to meet physical demands of the job.
3. Valid Michigan Driver’s License and reliable transportation required.
To provide a quality educational experience for children of the Head Start Program which includes children with disabilities. Prepares the children and families of the program by meeting program goals, including family, health and school readiness. Meets individual needs of children and families. Performs duties as assigned, in accordance with the Health and Human Services, Administration for Families and State of Michigan licensing requirements.
1. Provides children with developmental experiences in approaches to learning, social emotional, language and literacy, cognitive and perceptual, motor and physical development. In an environment of multi-cultural experiences through daily lesson plans and classroom activities.
2. Maintains constant active supervision with all children in the classroom.
3. Administers standardized screening to identify the needs of the children and make appropriate referrals and follow-up of children as needed, which includes children with special needs.
4. Maintain documentation as required- i.e. Lesson Plans, Individual Education Plans (IEP), and Child Observation Record (COR).
5. Carry out all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Job Description:
Job requirements in an 8 hour workday: Sit- 2 hours; Stand- 2 hours; Walk- 2 hours; Bend/Stoop: 2 hours. Movements: Yes- Crawl, Reach Above, Crouch, Balancing, Squat, Climb, Shoulder Level, Kneel and Pushing. Weight Carried: 26-50 LBS; Weight Lifted 26-50 LBS.
Hours & Wage:
$12.15 per hour
40 hours per week; 52 weeks per year
OLHSA IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
O.L.H.S.A is non profit 501c3 community action action. Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA) is a Community Action Agency that was formed in 1964 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson's War on Poverty. OLHSA supports Oakland and Livingston County residents that are looking for support in removing the burdens of poverty by providing individually tailored, wrap-around assistance for all individuals and families in need of help.
OLHSA team members strive for excellence, respect others, honor diversity, and are one of our most valuable internal resources. We partner with community members and local organizations to provide more of an impact in our community work.