Division: Early Childhood
Department: Head Start
Supervisor: Deputy Director for E.C.S. – Support Services
FLSA Status: Exempt- Administrative/Executive
To ensure that the management of nutrition services and CACFP guidelines in OLHSA’s Early Childhood Services grantee program is in compliance with state and federal guidelines. Nutrition Manager is responsible for using his/her independent judgment and discretion with regard to marketing of the programs, monitoring of the problems, dispute resolution of programs, and nutrition staff supervision providing nutrition services to the EHS/Head Start population.
1. Manage the Early Childhood food service program in accordance with Michigan Child and Adult Care Food Program and ACF Head Start Performance Standards.
2. Manage nutrition counseling, referral service and follow-up to families of children identified as having low hematocrit, weight abnormality, food allergies or any referred nutrition problems for all Early Childhood Programs.
3. Participate is agency management and Leadership meetings.
4. Supervise 3 Nutrition staff and 2 Food attendants.
5. Carry out all other duties as directed by supervisor.
1. B.S. Degree in Dietetics.
2. One (1) year experience in Nutrition working with children and families. Head Start experience preferred.
3. Minimum one (1) year supervisory experience.
4. Licenses and Certifications required: Valid Michigan Driver’s License and current registered dietitian.
Physical Job Description:
Job Requirements in an 8 hour workday- Sit- 4 hours; Stand- 2 hours; Walk- 2 hours; Bend/Stoop- 1 hour. Movement: Yes- Shoulder Level, Kneel, Pushing. Weight Carried 26-50 LBS; Weight Lifted; 26-50 LBS
Hours & Wage:
$818.00 per week (minimum)
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
OLHSA IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
O.L.H.S.A is non profit 501c3 community action action. Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA) is a Community Action Agency that was formed in 1964 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson's War on Poverty. OLHSA supports Oakland and Livingston County residents that are looking for support in removing the burdens of poverty by providing individually tailored, wrap-around assistance for all individuals and families in need of help.
OLHSA team members strive for excellence, respect others, honor diversity, and are one of our most valuable internal resources. We partner with community members and local organizations to provide more of an impact in our community work.