FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT
Supervisor: Facilities and Maintenance Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non Exempt - Union
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. One (1) year of facilities maintenance experience preferred.
3. Ability to plan and schedule work load independently and to carry out responsibilities with minimum direction required.
4. Able to meet physical demands of daily routine throughout the program year; lift a maximum of 75 pounds.
5. Valid Michigan Driver’s License and reliable transportation with a good driving record required.
To perform facilities set-up and reorganization, storage, custodial, and cleaning duties for Head Start to ensure that the center(s) is/are maintained in a clean, safe, and healthy state and service is provided in accordance with the required state and federal guidelines.
1. Responsible for sanitation of center classrooms at the main Pontiac location to include vacuuming, mopping, cleaning waste containers, waste removal, and cleaning bathrooms.
2. Ensure that all necessary supplies are maintained and organized such that duties can be carried out in a timely manner.
3. On an as-needed basis be able to move office and classroom furniture from site to site or from room to room.
4. Carry out other duties as directed by their supervisor.
Physical Job Description:
Job requirements in an 8 hour workday: Stand- 3 hours; Walk- 3 hours; Bend/Stoop- 2 hours. Movements: Yes- Reach Above, Crouch, Balancing, Squat, Climb, Shoulder Level, Kneel, Pushing. Weight Carried: 26-50 LBS.; Weight Lifted- 26-50 LBS.
Hours & Wage:
$14.00 per hour
40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
OLHSA is a Drug Free workplace/ Equal Opportunity Employer
O.L.H.S.A is non profit 501c3 community action action. Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA) is a Community Action Agency that was formed in 1964 as part of President Lyndon B. Johnson's War on Poverty. OLHSA supports Oakland and Livingston County residents that are looking for support in removing the burdens of poverty by providing individually tailored, wrap-around assistance for all individuals and families in need of help.
OLHSA team members strive for excellence, respect others, honor diversity, and are one of our most valuable internal resources. We partner with community members and local organizations to provide more of an impact in our community work.