Under limited supervision, safely transports clients to and from various identified program facilities including but not limited to the US Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers (VAMC) located in various cities throughout the state. In Veterans’ Services, assists clients with the admission process and/or locating the proper area or department within the medical center or identified program facility and takes clients to the medical center pharmacy to fill prescriptions. Ensures County vehicle utilized to transport clients is maintained and serviced as required. Maintains cleanliness of vehicle.Minimum Qualifications
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
At time of application, applicant must:
1. Be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical established for this
4. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.Work History
1. Must maintain a valid motor United States vehicle operator’s or chauffeur's license.
Part-time positions work up to 1,000 hours per calendar year and allow employees the ability to work around commitments outside of the County. We offer summer employment, student positions, college intern positions, and year-round part-time employment.
Those employed full-time receive a full benefits package, growth opportunities and employee training along with generous tuition reimbursement. More details can be found at www.oakgov.com/jobs.
We recognize that your hard work and dedication to the communities we serve are the driving force behind our success and we continually look for additional ways to build a positive work environment. Join us on our journey to continue to make Oakland County a great place to Live, Work & Play.