Galvo and Flatbed - Co2 and Fiber Laser Machinery
About the Position:
Are you a customer-focused self-starter with strong technical skills? Are you looking for an opportunity with a growing company that offers a fast-paced, exciting working environment and excellent benefits for you and your family? Then we want to hear from you! We are looking for an experienced field service / technical support technician to join our team. We currently have open positions in Plymouth, Michigan, Arlington, Texas, central Florida and the north eastern/mid Atlantic US.
Provides onsite repairs and technical training as well as technical support via phone, email and other electronic communication between customers and sales staff. This position requires frequent travel within the US. This is a direct hire assignment and pay will be based on relevant experience. Trotec offers a friendly work environment, extremely competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401K with company match and paid vacation. Qualified candidates can interview and start immediately.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide exceptional customer service.
• Clearly and professionally interact with customers
• At times, use visual clues, computer programs, diagnostic tools to further diagnose machine difficulties.
• Use electrical and electronic knowledge to help troubleshoot and solve issues.
• Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications, sales, customer service
• Submit organized and well documented service reports for each repair.
• Help to develop or adjust existing technical documentation
• Work as required with minimal supervision in compliance with all safety requirements
• Must be able to lift 70 pounds without aid
• Diagnose system problems and correct or advise on operational or repair issues via onsite visit, email, phone and other electronic communication in a timely and professional manner.
• Ability to perform at a high level during difficult high-pressure situations.
• Provide operational, applications, and maintenance training to customers.
• Install and configure hardware and software upgrades.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
• Customer focused
• Great listening skills
• Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude and knowledge
• Ability to read electrical diagrams and mechanical drawings
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Effective troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of laser systems CO2 and/or fiber
• Proficient in one or more graphic design and/or Cad/Cam software packages such as Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, Alpha CAM, Master CAM or similar
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Able to promptly answer support related email and phone calls
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Salesforce experience a plus
Associates program or technical school degree in Engineering principles or a suitable combination of education and work experience. Experience in computer software, file management, electronics, digital circuits, wiring, and mechanics is helpful. Well-mannered, able to work with all different types of customers. Must have and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and record
Trotec Laser is a leading international provider of advanced, high-speed laser equipment for cutting, engraving and industrial marking. Trotec systems are used to cut, engrave or mark a wide range of materials including wood, paper, metal, acrylic, leather, stone, plastics, and more. With the broadest product line on the market, Trotec lasers are used by engraving businesses, sign makers, hobbyists, manufacturers, educational institutions, maker spaces, and many others. The company's extensive line of quality laser systems, coupled with its unmatched service and support offerings, have made Trotec one of the industry's leading resources for computer controlled engraving equipment and marking systems. All major equipment components and products are manufactured in the U.S. and Austria. Trotec machines are currently used in more than 90 countries around the globe. With 500 employees working in 17 international sales branches, Trotec offers customers an international service and sales network. Trotec's U.S. presence is headquartered in Plymouth, Mich. Trotec regional service and support centers are located in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan (U.S. headquarters), Southern California, Arlington, Texas, Houston, Texas, Virginia, New Jersey, and Washington. Four additional distribution centers – located in New Jersey, Texas, Illinois and California – are dedicated to the company's broad line of laserable and engraving materials. For more information, please visit www.troteclaser.com.