3rd Shifts Production Supervisor
Location: Belleville, MI
Reports to: Steve Malgay (Superintendent)
Pay: $60k - $70k and 5% bonus. Time and half overtime after 42-1/2 hours.
Hours: 10pm - 8am (Monday – Friday) (Work on weekends as needed)
Experience: Minimum of 5 years Production Supervision experience.
Must Haves: 1. 45-minute drive from the plant. 2. Union experience 3. Production Supervisor experience in Automotive. 4. Must be able to work overtime including weekends.
· Ensure operator work assignments are fully completed on time
· Implement production plans and assist with scheduling
· Improve processes and/or functioning of equipment
· Assist with experimental projects during model changes
· Monitor machinery and equipment to ensure optimal production
· Effectively communicate necessary information to team members
· Eliminate waste through safety, quality, and production improvement initiatives
· Monitor quality documentation at each specific operation, ensuring that all applicable checks are performed and documented as required
· Participate in corrective action activities
· Perform training, team meetings, “stand downs” with supervision, employees, and bargaining unit employees
· Complete daily production reporting activities
· Track and log time and attendance records for bargaining unit employees
· Special projects as assigned
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably automotive
· Ability to work independently, effectively manage time, multi-task, and implement problem solving skills
· Ability to lead and motivate others
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good technical and interpersonal skills for interfacing with customers
Neapco recognizes that our team members are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to providing them with a safe, drug-free workplace fostering respect and ethical treatment. Unlawful discrimination in employment decisions based on race, color, religion, ethnic/national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disability, or any similar protected status is strictly prohibited. In return for their expertise and shared commitment to our goals, we offer our team members competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Main Responsibilities: Supervising production team members, perform training, team meetings, “stand downs” with supervision, employees, and bargaining unit employees.
Since 1921, Neapco has been a leading supplier of innovative driveline solutions to original equipment manufacturers and the global automotive industry. Neapco designs, manufactures, and distributes high quality, cost-effective OEM and aftermarket driveline products for automotive, light truck, heavy truck, off-road, off-highway, agriculture, and industrial applications. Recognized by Crain’s Detroit Business “Fast 50” in 2020 and Private 200 in 2021, and honored with multiple Supplier Quality Awards, Neapco’s agile, passionate, and diverse approach fuels a relentless focus on establishing, maintaining, and strengthening professional partnerships. As we move forward into our new century, Neapco continues our long tradition of quality and excellence by placing team members first, from safety and personal enrichment to professional development.