Summary of Position
Welds metal components together with Mig and Tig equipment to fabricate or repair products by performing the following duties:
Weld metal parts together using both Mig and Tig and any combination of arc-welding processes.
· Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases the size of metal parts.
· Positions and clamps together components prior to welding.
· Must have the ability to weld various materials
· Performs machine maintenance as required.
· Maintain regular and punctual attendance and working overtime as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· 3 years minimum experience with aluminum (TIG) experience (preferably aerospace)
· 1-2 years minimum experience with steel (MIG)
· One year certificate in welding and brazing from college or technical school and four years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
This job operates in a factory setting and office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors, fumes, dust or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Proper PPE will be provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position is on-site only work.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for
prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Models & Tools, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.