Inductoheat, Inc. is a manufacturer of induction heat treating and forging equipment. With over 50 years in the industry Inductoheat strives to continue improving product, processes and procedures. The Inductor Design Engineers play a vital role in the success of our company; they are essential as the inductors/coils manufactured are reliant for the process being successful. Individuals that work in Inductoheat’s Engineering department can expect to become versatile in other aspects of company practice as well; often bringing much opportunity for personal growth within the company.
Designs and details part specific perishable tooling for induction heating equipment. The designer will use general design guidelines, previous designs, and metallurgical lab data to design induction coils, bus work, quench rings, and touch tooling. The designer will work with manager to choose material and manufacturing methods for lowest overall cost. Must be able to work on own from layout drawings with minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
· AutoCAD experience is required, and SolidWorks experience is highly desirable. Experience with drawing procedures and practices is required. This includes dimensioning and tolerancing techniques. Knowledge of machine shop practices and procedures is required. Experience with automotive specifications is desirable.
· An understanding of the physics of induction heating is desirable but not required.
· Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences.
Shows dimensions, material to be used, and other information necessary to make detailed drawing clear and complete
· Writing parts list for designs promptly to make sure material is purchased in a timely fashion.
· Writing of engineering releases as required to complete job.
· Working with outside vendors and shop personnel to follow-up on designs as they are built.
· Researching vendors and products to make better and less expensive induction tooling.
· Handle phone calls from customers and vendors to provide technical support or solve problems with manufacturing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and three to five years design experience.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand at desk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
· Medical & Dental Insurance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Profit Sharing Plan
· Quarterly Incentive/Bonus Program
· Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Sick Pay (40 hours)
· Generous Holiday & Vacation Program (9 Holidays/Floating)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis to be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We design, build and repair high-quality general purpose, turn-key and fully automated induction heating equipment. We provide flexible long-life solutions used in heat treating, forging, shrink-fitting, pipe-end heating, and low-frequency applications. We are recognized as a world leader in the industries we service and build products that help our customers succeed. Our innovation in induction power supply design and more than 60 years ago is the cornerstone of our breakthrough technology today. Inductoheat's experienced team of scientists, metallurgists, engineers, application experts and aftermarket representatives stand ready to work with you.
Inductoheat Inc is part of 40 companies that make up the Inductotherm Group. The Inductotherm Group offers advanced technology for the engineering, manufacturing and service of thermal processing equipment used in melting, heating, heat treating, forging, galvanizing, coating, cutting and welding of metals.