Inductoheat is a leading manufacturer of induction heat treating and forging equipment that has served various industries, including automotive, for over 60 years. Our laboratory technicians work with metallurgists, engineers, sales professionals, and customers to develop process parameters that meet or exceed customer requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below represent the required knowledge, skill, and ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Following established methods and procedures must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following:
• Set up and operate induction hardening and tempering machines to obtain desired heat-treat hardness patterns.
• Work directly with customers regarding troubleshooting processes and heat treatment issues. Both onsite and offsite evaluations are expected.
• Conduct routine microscopic examinations of metals and alloys to determine their microstructure and other metallurgical characteristics.
• Operate various tools for sample preparation and machine setup, including saws, grinders, drill presses, wrenches, hammers, utility knives, etc.
• Polish and etch metal specimens and document with photographs accordingly.
• Examine metal and alloy samples with magnetic-flux equipment to detect fractures, impurities, and similar defects in metals.
• Measure surface and subsurface hardness using Macro-hardness and Micro-hardness testers.
• Create customer reports utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Photoshop applications.
• Evaluate customer prints and heat treat specifications, identifying conformance accordingly.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (focus in metallurgy preferred). Minimum of High School Diploma/GED with 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment that demonstrates mechanical and analytical aptitude.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee will regularly lift 1-20 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We offer market-competitive pay and benefits programs and opportunities for advancement, knowledge, and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
· Medical & Dental Insurance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Profit Sharing Plan
· Quarterly Incentive/Bonus Program
· Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Sick Pay (40 hours)
· Generous Holiday & Vacation Program (9 Holidays/Floating)
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States full-time to be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We design, build and repair high-quality general purpose, turn-key and fully automated induction heating equipment. We provide flexible long-life solutions used in heat treating, forging, shrink-fitting, pipe-end heating, and low-frequency applications. We are recognized as a world leader in the industries we service and build products that help our customers succeed. Our innovation in induction power supply design and more than 60 years ago is the cornerstone of our breakthrough technology today. Inductoheat's experienced team of scientists, metallurgists, engineers, application experts and aftermarket representatives stand ready to work with you.
Inductoheat Inc is part of 40 companies that make up the Inductotherm Group. The Inductotherm Group offers advanced technology for the engineering, manufacturing and service of thermal processing equipment used in melting, heating, heat treating, forging, galvanizing, coating, cutting and welding of metals.