DaVita is looking for a Patient Care Tech to serve our patients in our Michigan region! No dialysis experience necessary. We will train you!
Some details about this position:
- Operational Hours: Clinics are open Monday - Saturday
- PCTs usually work 10-12 hour shifts / 3-4 days a week with shifts starting as early as 4 AM
- Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license
- Our PCTs also find DaVita professionally fulfilling. To help advance your career, we offer clear paths to higher levels of responsibility and compensation by becoming a PCT II or PCT III.
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
- Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it’s safe for our patients.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Health care experience preferred including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required.
What you can expect:
- Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Technician Duties. To monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
- Continuous Improvement: We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and teammates as we aim to build the greatest health care community the world has ever seen.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week. You will also be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- Team. Cross functional team of clinicians including technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers and leadership. PCTs work under the supervision of a RN.
- Schedule. Shifts can begin as early as 4:30 am and can vary based on patient needs. Your expected shift will be shared during the interview process
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Preceptor University: Learn how to become teach future DaVita teammates clinical procedures and policies
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally. DaVita is committed to providing robust development opportunities including:
- Bridge to Your Dreams: Offers high-performing patient care technicians (PCTs) a path to becoming a registered nurse through fully funded tuition and career coaching.
Interested or have any questions? Contact Michelle Barker at Michelle.Barker@davita.com or Emily Conner at Emily.Conner@davita.com OR directly apply at www.careers.DaVita.com
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer – Vet and Disability.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.