Serves as project manager for large and complex major renovation and new construction projects. Responsible for the overall execution to include design, budget, and scheduling of projects, including long term and large budget projects. May be responsible for developing drawings and specifications for bidding and construction. Assists in bidding and awarding professional service and contractor contracts. Functions as the department’s representative with architect, engineers, construction manager, consultants, and County client departments. Performs survey and inspection work relative to County facilities. Inspects and documents construction progress and keeps division manager and supervisor apprised of issues beyond the original scope of work, while providing recommended solutions. Effectively estimates total cost of jobs, and if necessary, prepares the appropriate documents to obtain project funding. Reviews specifications and obtains quotes for project related purchases. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.Minimum Qualifications
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
1. a. Possess a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field of study.
b. Have had at least six (6) years of full-time experience in architecture, engineering, or construction management; OR.
2. a. Be registered as a Professional Architect or Engineer in an appropriate Architecture discipline by the Michigan State Board of Architects or Engineers.
b. Have had at least six (6) years of full-time experience in architecture, engineering, or construction management; OR
3. a. Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field of study.
b. Possess a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
c. Have had at least eight (8) years of full-time experience in architecture, engineering, or construction management.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
4. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
5. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
6. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
1. If qualifying for the position with a Registration as a Professional Engineer, must maintain registration as a Professional Engineer by the Michigan Board of Registration for Professional Engineers.
2. If qualifying for a position with a Registration as a Professional Architect, must maintain registration as a Professional Architect by the Michigan State Board of Registration for Professional Architects.
3. If qualifying for the position with a Project Management Professional certification, must maintain certification as a Project Management Professional.
4. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license.
Part-time positions work up to 1,000 hours per calendar year and allow employees the ability to work around commitments outside of the County. We offer summer employment, student positions, college intern positions, and year-round part-time employment.
Those employed full-time receive a full benefits package, growth opportunities and employee training along with generous tuition reimbursement. More details can be found at www.oakgov.com/jobs.
We recognize that your hard work and dedication to the communities we serve are the driving force behind our success and we continually look for additional ways to build a positive work environment. Join us on our journey to continue to make Oakland County a great place to Live, Work & Play.