The Sales Manager, reporting directly to the VP Sales and Marketing, is directly responsible for overseeing the overall generation of sales revenue in Michigan.
The Sales Manager is responsible for supervising/coaching the outside sales team in the given assigned geography and will also work closely with Inside Sales, Engineering support staff, production, repair and upper-level management.
The Sales Manager will utilize all company and vendor resources to direct and support sales activities to promote revenue and profitability for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting process. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales team. Ensures planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed with the company.
• Provide leadership to the sales team, and counsel to the VPSM, in implementing sales objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business goals.
• Manage, coach, and oversee assigned sales team in all day-to-day selling activities. Work with each sales Territory Manager to plan and execute each territory sales goals. Work with Product Managers, Customer Service Representatives and Engineers to grow profitable sales and drive results.
• Assist in establishing new accounts and maintain existing accounts by working with sales team, customer contacts and vendor base. Help to identify potential customers and new markets.
• Responsible for assigning sales quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
• Manage and work with Suppliers / Vendors in building relationships and executing sales goals.
• Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
• Partners with senior leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined and efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous improvement.
• Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales team productivity. Works closely with VPSM and IT Manager to understand firm sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
• Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding to proposed changes, establishes support for key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implements new deployment and job models.
• Works closely with senior leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales team success. Aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
• Ensure sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales team. Develops new reporting tools as needed. Coordinates with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
• Works closely with sales leadership and Human Resources to establish a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritize training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of training.
• Works with Human Resources and senior leadership to design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategies, and align with business and sales objectives.
• Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Establishes sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Finance and Human Resources to establish rules, policies and procedures associated with sale compensation.
• Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 5 years sales management experience
• Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to travel through sales territory; some overnight travel required
• Valid driver’s license with a record that allows you to be covered by company insurance
• PC proficiency
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mechanical, Civil, Industrial Engineering, Management, etc.
• Product knowledge; industrial pump, filtration, hose, or fluid handling equipment experience
We engineer, design and build automated systems to dispense hazardous and non-hazardous fluids in an assembly line setting in a myriad of industries. We have experience with pressure fill systems used to fill Gas, Diesel, DEF fluids, Windshield Wiper Fluid and Oils. In addition, we work with fluids such as Refrigerant and Brake Lines, which require pulling a vacuum and evacuating a line before the fill process. These projects often start with standard systems and then are engineered to order, accommodating variances in automation, size, scope and equipment type.