Job Classification: Hourly, Full-Time
Job Responsibility Summary: Ensuring banding line continues to run safely and steadily.
· Must have general experience with heavy machinery, stacking equipment, and banding line operations.
· Must work well with others.
· Must utilize machines to their full potential and use time management.
· Must be able to read a tape measure.
· Must have general computer knowledge.
Job Duties Include, but not limited to:
· Reviewing packaging instructions specific to customer and placing spacers where needed.
· Inspecting material for slivers, burrs, or disc swirls.
· Cleaning as needed to improve quality and verifying quality of material.
· Check all labels and assist in skid placement.
· Possible cross training and various duties assigned by supervisors.
Valentino Simone started Target Steel in the late 1980s with only $250 in his bank account. Today, Target Steel has three facilities in metro Detroit, employs 150 people and has more than 450 loyal customers. Brothers and co-founders Valentino and Michael Simone have more than 62 years of combined experience in the steel industry. Management and staff also have some 190 years of combined experience in the industry. Our executive team is in-house and on-site and is empowered to make on-the-spot decisions to meet customer needs.