Job Description: This accounting & finance position assist the CFO by providing accounting and reconciliations of the general ledger accounts. This position also works closely with the Sr. Vice President of Construction to ensure consistent compliance across all branches.
Ideal candidates should have a strong work ethic, be willing and able to address transaction needs of the general ledger and understand or be willing to learn the broader accounting functions of the organization across all areas. This candidate must be a motivated, self-starting individual with strong computer skills, knowledge of accounting practices and systems, and excellent organizational skills.
This individual will have the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality as well as close attention to detail.
• Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts as directed.
• Ensure all bank reconciliations are done 1st week of every month.
• Post intercompany wire transfers daily.
• Manage & maintain all fixed assets.
• Assist in month-end closings.
• Correspond with CFO and Sr. VP of Construction and respond to inquiries.
• Oversee Accounts Payable Process on check run days.
• Provide supporting documentation for audits as needed.
• Maintain accurate historical records.
• Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
• Assist in the bidding process.
• Assist in all accounting and office areas as needed.
• Ability to prioritize tasks when needed.
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Teamwork a must.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to get along with various personalities across the organization.
• Must be reliable and trustworthy.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Must have general ledger reconciliation experience.
• Must understand GAAP.
Education and Experience:
• Knowledge of relevant accounting software
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• 2 year’s experience in general ledger accounting
• Construction Industry Experience a plus
• Proficient in data entry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office/Excel
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
• Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
Founded in 1969, Weiss Construction Company is a 3rd generation family business. We are specialists in water, wastewater, & biogas infrastructure. We offer general contracting, design build, self-performing & EPC capabilities (engineering, procurement, and construction).
Our core value is integrity from collaboration and trust. We are looking for workers with the skills to change the world around them and the character to build great relationships while doing so.