Completes court ordered psychological evaluations of clients referred from Circuit Court/Family Division regarding abuse/neglect and delinquency matters. Makes recommendations to judges and referees to ensure that appropriate, individualized placement, treatment planning, and other relevant services are provided. Performs a variety of liaison and consulting services to attorneys, hearing officers, casework staff, and other court personnel to assist with treatment planning and other court related matters. Provides expert testimony as needed. Utilizes current Countywide and or/department specific software to complete evaluations..
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
At the time of application, applicant must:
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid driver's license
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. a. Possess a full Doctoral license as a Psychologist from the Michigan Department of Community Health; OR
b. Possess a Ph.D. and a limited Doctoral license as a Psychologist from the Michigan Department of Community Health.
NOTE: An applicant who possesses a license as a psychologist from a state other than Michigan may be certified for appointment and, if offered the position, must apply for Michigan licensure. Employment while receipt of license is pending will be under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. An applicant who possess a limited Doctoral license must pass the state exam for full licensure prior to completion of the six-month probationary period. Successful completion of the six-month probationary period is contingent upon receipt of the appropriate licensure from the Michigan Department of Community Health.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html
). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:Work HistoryYou are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualificationsCollege TranscriptsIf you have completed education higher than a high school diploma or GED, you must attach a copy of your official/unofficial transcript(s) that clearly state the type of degree and date awarded/conferred, institution name, and applicant name; and is in a format that cannot be modified or edited. Your application will not be considered for further review if you have failed to provide this information. Transcripts from outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). This documentation must be attached to your application if you are certifying you have an education higher than high school/GED. NOTE: This section is used for TRANSCRIPTS ONLY. Other documents such as reference, cover letter, resume, etc are prohibited and will not be reviewed. If a job offer is made, an official transcript will be required.Applications may be rejected if:• A level of education can’t be verified, i.e. no transcripts attached, or don’t indicate the degree awarded or the date conferred.• Stated years of related experience can’t be verified within the work experience section of the application, i.e. not enough information provided, insufficient work history, inapplicable experience attributed to work history.• The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Employees of this class must maintain licensure as a Psychologist as issued by the Michigan Department of Community Health.
2. Must maintain a valid driver's or chauffeur's license.