Under the direction of the Transportation Planning Coordinator:
- Participates in short and long range transportation planning activities and community transportation planning efforts (e.g. Strategic Planning Process, PASER Ratings and Safety Studies).
- Confers with public officials and residents regarding road concerns.
- Prepares reports and demonstration materials for community programs and RCOC presentations.
- Occasionally attends evening meetings or public hearings with community/citizens groups.
- Represents RCOC in various inter-governmental and community organized committees.
- Provide transportation planning assistance to other RCOC departments, (e.g. abandonments, road certification and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests).
- Maintains and updates RCOC plans (e.g. Asset Management Plan, Gravel Road Paving Plan).
- Understands the road funding principles of the state (ACT 51 formula) and calculates fund distribution for AD HOC requests.
- Uses advance computer programs efficiently to record and analyze information and prepare reports.
- Knowledgeable in using Geographic Information system (GIS) software to map, analyze and illustrate specific locations related to incidents or characteristics of the road network.
- Competent in using graphic design programs and software to report and illustrate road-related data in publications and presentations.
- Requires a daily schedule that supports RCOC hours of operation.
- Must perform duties in a professional and courteous manner to promote a positive image of the Road Commission for Oakland County.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Transportation Engineering, or Civil Engineering or related field of study is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years with full-time experience in Transportation planning or related field is required.
- A Valid Michigan Driver’s License is required.
- Regular and predictable onsite job attendance is an essential function of this position.