POSITION TITLE: Cook – RHS: Grab N’ Go
CLASSIFICATION: AFSCME Food Service
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Food Service
Under general supervision of the Director of Food Service, the Cook is responsible for the ordering, preparation, service and cleanup of the food and non-food supplies assigned to the High School Kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Responsible for knowing and understanding the meal patterns, including NSLP and NSBP;
● Must understand how to use and maintain all kitchen equipment at Romeo High School;
● Responsible for Breakfast coffee/hot cocoa station daily. Setup/service/breakdown;
● Responsible for warming hot cocoa per menu as needed;
● Responsible for prep/cooking/packing/serving/cleanup of the following per menu: yogurt parfaits, snack cups and pizza;
● Responsible for assisting in the prep/cooking/packing/serving/cleanup of the following per menu: cold/hot wraps, signature salads and fruit and vegetable bar as needed per the direction of the Food Service Director;
● Assist with the prep/cooking/loading of hot boxes/cleanup of the hot part of the meal for GSRP and Head Start Menu as needed;
● Responsible for prep, cooking and packaging pizza on Grab n Go line per menu during lunch service;
● Responsible for setting up and serving students meal programs per current menu for Grab n Go line, restocking line during lunch periods.
● Responsible for homemade Pico de Gallo for Romeo High School, 9th Grade Academy per menu as needed;
● Prepares and cooks additional quantities as needed;
● Responsible for adjusting quantities prepared to eliminate waste and outages;
● Communicates with the Head Cook/Leader any equipment concerns for service calls;
● Ability to perform all duties of the Romeo High School kitchen to assist as needed;
● Responsible for receiving weekly truck orders from vendors as needed;
● Responsible to fill-in for Cook, on-site or off-site when needed;
● Prepares food using standardized recipes while following proper handling and cooking techniques under ServSafe and health department regulations;
● Responsible for using correct portions and proper cooking temperatures for all food prepared;
● Responsible for setting up the cold breakfast items for daily service, restocking after breakfast for a la carte service at lunch time. Complete daily breakfast production sheets as needed;
● Responsible for completing Grab N Go production records;
● Responsible for setting up all cold vegetable/fruit options per the daily menu as needed;
● Responsible for inventorying specified stock levels and notify the High School Head Cook/Leader for reordering;
● Responsible for keeping production records and temperature logs accurate and up to date;
● Responsible for cleaning up, using the dish machine and properly storing equipment and tools;
● Responsible for assisting with washing and putting away of dishes daily;
● Responsible for maintaining food and facilities within the appropriate government agency codes;
● Ability to run the Point of Sale system when necessary;
● Ensures all food in refrigeration/freezer/dry storage is properly stored, labeled and dated;
● Responsible for weekly cleaning tasks as needed;
● Responsible for maintaining a clean working area: serving lines, work stations, reach in coolers/warmers, and equipment are cleaned daily. Stainless is cleaned weekly. Boxes are broken down before placed in cart dumpster daily. Trash cans are not over loaded. Stock room, walk-in cooler and walk-in freezers are kept neat and clean empty boxes are removed and floors are kept clean.;
● Responsible to complete yearly Professional Development in accordance with USDA Policy 80 FR11007 and provide that documentation to the Food Service Director;
● Responsible for completing all Professional Development required by the District, i.e. SafeSchools;
● Performs duties per the HACCP process;
● Must be able to work as a team;
● Participates in district and school initiatives, adheres to building and district school improvement plans;
● Participate in organizational quality;
● Keep in confidence all student and/or personnel records and information;
● Adheres to district and school rules and procedures;
● Conducts behavior to demonstrate collegiality and professionalism;
● Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position;
● Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Director.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
● Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalency
● ServSafe Certification
● SrvSafe Allergen Certification
● Experience in full preparation cooking or as an assistant cook within a school kitchen or equivalent
● Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable
● Applicants must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check as defined by the State of Michigan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Demonstrated understanding of USDA School Meals Pattern requirements
● Working and demonstrated knowledge of Food Safety and Health Department Codes
● Knowledge of records administration and maintenance techniques and procedures;
● Knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office (word processing, Google, email, etc. is required;
● Skills to effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders, both orally and in writing;
● Skills necessary to integrate and utilize district technology on a daily basis to maintain proficiency, as required skill sets change with technology and or the needs of the district;
● Skills in the use of computer technology for research, data management, communications and other instruction in a networked environment utilizing the Internet and other electronic communication mechanisms;
● Ability to set and meet goals evaluated through ongoing and annual Administrator feedback and achievement of objectives and agreed upon professional/personal goals;
● Ability to handle routine correspondence;
● Ability to work well with students, the public, and other employees;
● Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external contacts;
● Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Romeo Community Schools is a public school district located in Macomb County, Michigan. The district serves the communities of Romeo, Washington Township, Bruce Township, and Ray Township. The district is committed to providing a quality education to all of its students and has a long-standing reputation for academic excellence and community involvement.
The district operates an early childhood center, five elementary schools, one middle schools, and one high school. Croswell Early Childhood Center houses the districts pre-school program, the elementary schools include Hamilton Parsons Elementary School, Amanda Moore Elementary School, Washington Elementary School, Indian Hills Elementary School, and Hevel Elementary School. The one middle school is Romeo Middle School and one high school, Romeo High Schools that houses the Academies of Romeo. These academies offer a diverse range of disciplines, attracting students from all around the world who seek exceptional education and a nurturing academic environment. The Academies of Romeo are known for their distinguished faculty, cutting-edge research facilities, and innovative teaching methods. Students here are encouraged to pursue their passions and explore new avenues of knowledge, fostering a culture of intellectual curiosity and creativity. The Academies of Romeo are not just institutions of learning but vibrant communities where students develop lifelong friendships and forge connections that extend far beyond their academic years.
The district's academic programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of its students, with a focus on personalized learning, student-centered instruction, and high standards of academic achievement. The district offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes core subjects such as English, mathematics, science, and social studies, as well as elective courses in areas such as music, art, foreign languages, and technology.
Romeo Community Schools places a strong emphasis on the use of technology in the classroom, with a commitment to integrating technology into all aspects of teaching and learning. The district provides students with access to a range of technology resources, including laptops, tablets, and interactive whiteboards, to support learning and engagement in the classroom.
In addition to its strong academic programs, Romeo Community Schools offers a wide range of extracurricular activities and programs to enrich the educational experience of its students. These include athletics, music and performing arts programs, clubs and organizations, and community service projects. The district's athletic programs are highly regarded, with a long history of success in a variety of sports, including football, basketball, baseball, and soccer.
Overall, Romeo Community Schools is a thriving public school district that is dedicated to providing a quality education to its students. With a strong focus on academic excellence, technology integration, and student well-being, the district is well-positioned to prepare its students for success in college, career, and life. Whether you are a parent looking for a quality education for your child, or a student seeking a supportive and engaging learning environment, Romeo Community Schools is a great choice.
To view all of our exciting opportunities that are available and to submit your application, please visit the employment page of our website by clicking on this link: