Performs a variety of tasks related to
Must be willing to work in extreme weather conditions (both hot and cold).
Must be willing to work a minimum of 50% of overtime offered monthly.
In the winter, this position will require "double shifts" for up to 16 hours.
Position frequently requires repetitive body movement including bending, twisting, stopping, crouching, kneeling, grasping, holding and extended periods of standing.
Position occasionally requires the ability to move, push or pull objects up to 90 pounds, lift 20 pounds overhead, 40 pounds to shoulder level and 60 pounds to waist level.
Position requires the use of power tools, exposure to vibrations and occasional work at varying levels of height.
A High School Diploma is required.
A valid Michigan Commercial Driver's License with an Air-brake endorsement (CDL-A).
One to Three (1-3) years of construction related experience is preferred.
*Anyone applying for this position must be willing to accept placement at any one of our six locations within Oakland County.*
(Milford, Davisburg, Lake Orion, Waterford, Southfield, Troy)
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Able to stand for extended periods of time.
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and possess a Valid Driver’s License
Attractive benefits package
EOE/ADA/Drug Free Workplace
We are the Road Commission for Oakland County. We are the county-level road agency in Oakland County, Michigan, and have been serving the county since 1913. We are the largest county road system in the state of Michigan.
· 2,700 – plus mile of county roads.
· More than 230 miles of state highways in Oakland County.
· Approximately 90 bridges.
· Approximately 1,500 traffic signals.
· Approximately 150,000 traffic signs.
The Road Commission provides career opportunities and growth for anyone who wants to progress professionally.
· Traffic Signal Technicians – 100% joined the Road Commission as laborers.
· Foreperson / Skilled Foreperson - 100% joined the Road Commission as laborers.
· Superintendents – 80% joined the Road Commission as laborers.
· General Supervision – 73% joined the Road Commission at the entry level.
· Division Heads – 71% joined the Road Commission at the entry level.
· Directors / Executives – 64% joined the Road Commission at the functional level.