|This is an opportunity to be a participant in RCOC’s Development Program as a Civil Engineer I. The CE I Development Program consists of five assignments where the employee develops a broad foundation of engineering knowledge by rotating assignments within the agency and participating in engineering projects at various stages of development. The assignments may be in these departments: Construction, Design, Traffic Safety, Highway Maintenance, or Permits. Throughout the assignment the participant will be solidifying their knowledge of construction standards through observation, project management, and assisting with construction projects. Specifically, one will assist with the design of accurate construction plans, specifications and estimates for various types of road improvements including horizontal and vertical alignments, pavement cross sections, quantity calculation, hydraulic studies, and engineering cost estimates and then similar type responsibilities for the elected third assignment. The employee will also attend public informational meetings and public hearings as appropriate and respond to public concerns and questions.|
Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and possess a Valid Driver’s License
Attractive benefits package
We are the Road Commission for Oakland County. We are the county-level road agency in Oakland County, Michigan, and have been serving the county since 1913. We are the largest county road system in the state of Michigan.
· 2,700 – plus mile of county roads.
· More than 230 miles of state highways in Oakland County.
· Approximately 90 bridges.
· Approximately 1,500 traffic signals.
· Approximately 150,000 traffic signs.
The Road Commission provides career opportunities and growth for anyone who wants to progress professionally.
· Traffic Signal Technicians – 100% joined the Road Commission as laborers.
· Foreperson / Skilled Foreperson - 100% joined the Road Commission as laborers.
· Superintendents – 80% joined the Road Commission as laborers.
· General Supervision – 73% joined the Road Commission at the entry level.
· Division Heads – 71% joined the Road Commission at the entry level.
· Directors / Executives – 64% joined the Road Commission at the functional level.