Responsible for providing personal care services to patients at the facility under the direction of clinical or nursing leadership. Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety and provide excellent customer services.
· Ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive and structured environment.
· Responsible for conducting safety checks and ensuring that supervision is conducted at 15 minute intervals, as noted in special precautions, or in accordance with individualized supervision guidelines as needed.
· Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient's medical record.
· Assist in providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment for patients, significant others and staff.
· Interact routinely with patients, observe behaviors and communicate significant observations to nursing staff.
· May oversee or assist patients with activities of daily living, including toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals, snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
· May obtain patient's vital signs, height and weight as assigned and document in patient record.
· Facilitate patient educational-rehabilitative groups which cover a variety of topics including social skills, coping skills, anger management and independent living skills.
· Engage patients in activities and interactions designed to encourage achievement of treatment goals.
· Complete and maintain required documentation. Assist with follow-up and paperwork as required on incidents and events that may take place in the facility.
· May provide transportation for patient or coordinate transportation with appropriate staff member.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Six months or more experience working with the specific population of the facility preferred.
· CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
· First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
StoneCrest Center is the leading provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare in Detroit, MI. Our treatment services & specialized programs address mental health issues in adolescents, adults, and older adults.
Located in Detroit, Michigan, StoneCrest Center is a leading provider of psychiatric services for adolescents, adults, and seniors who are suffering from psychiatric, co-occurring, and cognitive disorders. Additionally, StoneCrest offers unique therapeutic programming for adolescents and adults, who are diagnosed with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
Accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed to operate 162 beds, StoneCrest offers a variety of treatment options at different levels of care to meet the unique needs of individuals requiring our services.
Through the utilization of innovative therapeutic techniques and modalities, treatment planning that is catered to the specific needs of patients, and an experienced and qualified staff that is eager to help patients reach their goals, StoneCrest is the place to turn to when in need of optimal care for psychiatric concerns.