Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective or behavioral.
· Apply psychotherapeutic techniques and interventions in the delivery of services to individuals and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed emotional and mental disorders.
· Conduct individual, group or family therapy as appropriate for the treatment plan of the patient.
· Conduct a psychosocial assessment and develop an initial discharge plan.
· Provide initial treatment planning for patient based on assessment and coordinate any additional services needed and revise as necessary.
· Maintain documentation of therapy services provided to each patient according to facility and professional standards, revising as necessary.
· Maintain a caseload as assigned.
· Participate in treatment team meetings and collaborate with other staff to facilitate services for the patient as appropriate to their treatment plan.
· May provide these services in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
· Provide case management, discharge planning or after-care planning according to treatment plan.
· May assist in educating and training staff on behavior management or therapeutic crisis intervention.
· May coordinate various clinical, psychosocial or educational activities with patient and their families.
· Evaluate patient's need and determine if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed.
· May assist in the training of new clinical staff and interns.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
· Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
· Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or other therapeutic field is required.
· Four or more years’ experience as a therapist with two or more years’ experience with the specific population of the facility is required.
StoneCrest Center is the leading provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare in Detroit, MI. Our treatment services & specialized programs address mental health issues in adolescents, adults, and older adults.
Located in Detroit, Michigan, StoneCrest Center is a leading provider of psychiatric services for adolescents, adults, and seniors who are suffering from psychiatric, co-occurring, and cognitive disorders. Additionally, StoneCrest offers unique therapeutic programming for adolescents and adults, who are diagnosed with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
Accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed to operate 162 beds, StoneCrest offers a variety of treatment options at different levels of care to meet the unique needs of individuals requiring our services.
Through the utilization of innovative therapeutic techniques and modalities, treatment planning that is catered to the specific needs of patients, and an experienced and qualified staff that is eager to help patients reach their goals, StoneCrest is the place to turn to when in need of optimal care for psychiatric concerns.