Provide medical or therapeutic care under direction of nursing or clinical staff.
· Assist with transferring, lifting, raising or turning patients.
· Insure comfort, dignity, privacy and perform related CNA duties such as feed, bath, dress, groom, move patients or change linens.
· Adherence to work schedule and overall attendance.
· Follow established policies, procedures and standards for patient care.
· Clean unit as assigned by professional staff, including equipment such as, beds, IV poles and wheelchairs.
· Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient medical record.
· Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of the facility to treat and rehabilitate.
· Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
· Communicate clearly and effectively to patients, family members, guests and other members of the health care team.
· Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Additional education or training which results in certification as nursing assistant per state requirements required.
· Previous experience in behavioral health setting knowledge and experience working with the population of the facility preferred.
· Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or license, per state requirements.
· CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
· First aid may be required based on state or facility.
ADDITIONAL REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS:
StoneCrest Center is the leading provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare in Detroit, MI. Our treatment services & specialized programs address mental health issues in adolescents, adults, and older adults.
Located in Detroit, Michigan, StoneCrest Center is a leading provider of psychiatric services for adolescents, adults, and seniors who are suffering from psychiatric, co-occurring, and cognitive disorders. Additionally, StoneCrest offers unique therapeutic programming for adolescents and adults, who are diagnosed with mental illness and developmental disabilities.
Accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed to operate 162 beds, StoneCrest offers a variety of treatment options at different levels of care to meet the unique needs of individuals requiring our services.
Through the utilization of innovative therapeutic techniques and modalities, treatment planning that is catered to the specific needs of patients, and an experienced and qualified staff that is eager to help patients reach their goals, StoneCrest is the place to turn to when in need of optimal care for psychiatric concerns.