The Quality Control Inspector’s primary function is to control defective products through inspection methods and testing procedures, while helping to assure a safe work environment. Overtime may be required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Inspects all manufactured products manufactured internally (Final QC & In-process), as well as products manufactured by vendors and suppliers used within the facility.
· Performs visual inspection of all processed materials. Inspects for visual defects, dimensional correctness, joint condition, bead information, and weld penetration.
· Examines weld joints to detect flaws, such as cracks, cold lap, spatter, porosity, weld size and undercut. Inspect joints for hidden cracks and pits.
· Ensures product conforms to blueprint, work instructions, work order specifications, and layout.
· Identifies defective pieces, qualifies/disqualifies all products in hold areas, and works in direct relation with manufacturing leadership as support in the manufacturing process to alleviate defects prior to welding and shipping in final inspection.
· Documents all products with appropriate forms and photographs.
· Monitors SAS equipment calibration program
· Work hand in hand with manufacturing personnel to meet schedule demands
· Maintain and develop PQRs, WPS and ensure welder qualifications are kept up to date
· Adheres all safety and quality standards.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum of ten years manufacturing or fabrication experience preferred
· Blue print reading
· Math skills (basic shop math, algebra, geometry)
· Advanced welding knowledge and understanding of AWS D1.1 preferred
· Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certification preferred
· Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, Vernier caliper, dial caliper, protractor, and combination square
· Knowledge of ISO-9001:2015 or ASME preferred
· ISO-9001:2015 lead auditor preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & Outlook) preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
· Shop Environment
· Dirty/Dusty Environment
· Loud, Frequent Noises
· Ability to lift approximately 50lbs.
· On feet most of the day
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 - $30.00 per hour
All employees are required to wear a mask and wash hand frequently.
Work Location: In person
For over 60 years, SAS Global Corporation has been one of the nation's
leading suppliers of premium abrasion resistant steels and hard facing
materials. From the beginning, SAS Global has operated under three key
principles; provide the highest quality, excellence in customer service,
and innovative thinking. Our portfolio ranges from premium abrasion
resistant steels, hardfacing materials, and material handling solutions to
high performance equipment upgrades.
SAS services organizations of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to
small mom & pop shops. SAS provides complete material processing,
custom fabrications, and engineering services. SAS Global serves many
industries including, but not limited to; Coal-Fired Electric Power, Mining,
Cement, Pulp & Paper, Steel, DRI/HBI, Foundry, Waste to Energy,
Aggregate, Automation, Glass, Construction, and Automotive. SAS Global Corporation's engineering capabilities has led to the
development of over 50 unique patented products and numerous
premium abrasion resistant materials, including our SureAlloy®
Premium Carbide Weld Overlay Products. Our research and development
engineers aim to convert market trends quickly into successful innovations.
The 185,000 square foot SAS Global World Headquarters in Warren, MI
features a 152,500 square foot Fabrication Facility. The SAS Longview,
Texas features another 95,000 square feet of fabrication space.