For over 60 years, SAS Global Corporation has been one of the nation's leading suppliers of premium abrasion resistant steels and hard facing materials. From the beginning, SAS Global has operated under three key principles; provide the highest quality, excellence in customer service, and innovative thinking.
We boast a diverse, ambitious, and engaged manufacturing team. We value Integrity and accountability. The average manufacturing employee has been with SAS Global for over 15 years, highlighting the company’s prosperity and potential. We look forward to your future at SAS Global!
The Fitter/Fabricator lays out, fits, builds, and tack-welds fabricated components to assemble structural forms per customer specifications to create engineered products.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assembles according to specifications provided on blueprints.
· Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and tack-welding of structural forms.
· Tack-welds components using welding equipment.
· Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
· Reviews finished assemblies and parts to ensure accuracy against drawings.
· Adheres to all safety and quality standards.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· 2 Years fabrication experience preferred
· Basic shop math
· Ability to read and understand blueprints
· Overhead crane use
· Hi-Lo Experience
· Ability to read instruments such as a tape measure and calipers
· Qualifies their operations by using the Quality Assurance Inspection Traveler for each job
Work Environment & Physical Demands
· Shop environment with loud, frequent noises
· Ability to lift approximately 40lbs
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person
For over 60 years, SAS Global Corporation has been one of the nation's
leading suppliers of premium abrasion resistant steels and hard facing
materials. From the beginning, SAS Global has operated under three key
principles; provide the highest quality, excellence in customer service,
and innovative thinking. Our portfolio ranges from premium abrasion
resistant steels, hardfacing materials, and material handling solutions to
high performance equipment upgrades.
SAS services organizations of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to
small mom & pop shops. SAS provides complete material processing,
custom fabrications, and engineering services. SAS Global serves many
industries including, but not limited to; Coal-Fired Electric Power, Mining,
Cement, Pulp & Paper, Steel, DRI/HBI, Foundry, Waste to Energy,
Aggregate, Automation, Glass, Construction, and Automotive. SAS Global Corporation's engineering capabilities has led to the
development of over 50 unique patented products and numerous
premium abrasion resistant materials, including our SureAlloy®
Premium Carbide Weld Overlay Products. Our research and development
engineers aim to convert market trends quickly into successful innovations.
The 185,000 square foot SAS Global World Headquarters in Warren, MI
features a 152,500 square foot Fabrication Facility. The SAS Longview,
Texas features another 95,000 square feet of fabrication space.