Equipment & Supply Specialist
Restaurant Equippers, Inc., a national mass merchandiser of Restaurant Equipment and Supplies to the Food Service industry, is seeking an Inside Non-Commission Sales/Customers Service Representative to help us serve our customers at our Southfield MI. Warehouse Store .
( Visit our web site @ www.equippers.com )
The company provides a highly competitive salary, rich employee insurance benefits, 401k retirement savings, paid vacation and holidays, job security resulting from decades of stable economic growth, and an opportunity to work in a family friendly organization that is continually growing and expanding.
The position will report to the Store Assistant Manager , and work closely with fellow store sales and inventory associates. The primary function of the position will be working in a warehouse store environment with our diverse customer base to help outfit and supply their food service operation, providing honest helpful advice, along with prompt efficient service. The position also entails communication with our vendors and service providers to help resolve problems as they arise.
1. Communicate with customers to provide them with appropriate products to meet their needs
2. Enter orders into our point of sales systems
3. Take customers payments following company payment policies
4. Coordination and follow up on customers’ shipments and deliveries
5. Assist customers in obtaining service after the sale
1. Must be customer focused with the ability to connect and build relationships with our customers
2. Effective communicator; over the phone, face to face, and written, with the ability to understand and convey technical information
3. Six months to one year experience and/or training in food service operations management or food service equipment sales and service with an associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school preferred.
4. Keyboarding skills and strong familiarity with computer systems and internet usage
5. Ability to stand, sit, and walk for long periods
6. Fluent Bilingual Chinese/English would be beneficial
Send resumes and salary requirements to: Lisa Albertson
Restaurant Equippers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
( Employment contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background security check).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Restaurant Equippers is a mass merchandiser serving the food service industry. We keep prices low by buying in huge lots and eliminating unnecessary frills: no commissioned salespeople or glossy catalogs… no design services… just food service equipment & supplies at low warehouse prices available for immediate store pickup or delivery.
We are looking for a full time and or part-time, day-time cashier for our Southfield, Michigan location. The successful candidate will be customer focused and provide friendly and efficient checkout experience to our restaurant owner customers, as well as the public.
· Scanning merchandise, verifying quantities purchased and pricing accuracy
· Collect payment of cash, credit cards, checks and/or gift certificates in accordance with company policies and procedures
· Bag, box or package customer merchandise
· Update and maintain customer database as needed
· Customer Service – Continually demonstrate a genuinely friendly and helpful demeanor.
· Communication – Possess exemplary communication skills along with ability to listen and interpret customer needs.
· Basic computer and mathematical skills and experience making change and handling multiple payment types.
· High organizational skills and high attention to detail.
· Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds
Wage: $15.00 -$17.50 per hour
Part Time: 20 to 30 hours per week.
Full Time: 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime. Full time positions also include and generous benefits package.
Shift: Variable based on need but generally 8:00 am to approximately 5:00pm Monday through Friday, and an estimated 2 Saturdays per month 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Part time shifts would also fall within this time frame but are limited to less than 30 hours per week.