The Staff Accountant prepares and analyzes a company’s financial records. This position maintains and creates financial procedures and ensures financial compliance.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Processes inventory transactions, counts, and research discrepancies.
· Supports Accounting Department with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable invoices.
· Completes collection calls.
· Manages and maintains all department filing.
· Finalizes bank reconciliations daily.
· Assists with cash receipts, commissions, check runs, and corporate credit card accounts.
· Adheres to all company and safety policies.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 2 years of staff accountant experience
· GAAP proficiency
· ERP experience required
· Self-drive and motivated
· Minimal supervision needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Office environment
· Shop environment exposure which is loud, dusty, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
For over 60 years, SAS Global Corporation has been one of the nation's
leading suppliers of premium abrasion resistant steels and hard facing
materials. From the beginning, SAS Global has operated under three key
principles; provide the highest quality, excellence in customer service,
and innovative thinking. Our portfolio ranges from premium abrasion
resistant steels, hardfacing materials, and material handling solutions to
high performance equipment upgrades.
SAS services organizations of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to
small mom & pop shops. SAS provides complete material processing,
custom fabrications, and engineering services. SAS Global serves many
industries including, but not limited to; Coal-Fired Electric Power, Mining,
Cement, Pulp & Paper, Steel, DRI/HBI, Foundry, Waste to Energy,
Aggregate, Automation, Glass, Construction, and Automotive. SAS Global Corporation's engineering capabilities has led to the
development of over 50 unique patented products and numerous
premium abrasion resistant materials, including our SureAlloy®
Premium Carbide Weld Overlay Products. Our research and development
engineers aim to convert market trends quickly into successful innovations.
The 185,000 square foot SAS Global World Headquarters in Warren, MI
features a 152,500 square foot Fabrication Facility. The SAS Longview,
Texas features another 95,000 square feet of fabrication space.