$62,599.42 - $80,068.30 Annually
Under general supervision, performs nursing care activities for the juvenile residents of Children's Village. Performs health care assessments on assigned patients, observes the patient's condition and reports any changes or reactions to medications or treatments. Documents observations on the patient's record and schedules and prepares patients for, or assists in the administration of physical examinations.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Be licensed by the Michigan Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
NOTE: Applicants who are not registered by the State of Michigan but have graduated from an accredited School of Nursing and possess a permit issued by the Michigan Board of Nursing may apply to take this examination. However, they will not be certified for appointment until proof of registration by the Michigan Board of Nursing has been submitted to the Human Resources Department.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
NOTE: Applicants with criminal convictions of an abusive nature may not be certified to areas covered under the Health Financing Administration Regulations (42CFR 483.13C).
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
1. Must maintain a current license or permit to function as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Must submit to immunizations as requested by the Department of Health & Human Services and to periodic tuberculin skin tests or chest x-rays at County expense.
3. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license.
4. Must become certified in CPR and maintain certification annually.
5. Before beginning employment, candidates will be required to provide Children’s Village with documentation from the Michigan Department of Human Services (previously called Family Independence Agency) that they have not been named in a central registry case as the perpetrator of child abuse or child neglect. In addition, applicants being considered for hire will be asked to sign a form authorizing Children’s Village to request and receive a criminal history check in accordance with the privacy act of 1974.
Applicants for positions at Children’s Village will not be considered if they have been convicted of either of the following:
(a) Child Abuse or Neglect
(b) A felony involving harm or threatened harm to an individual within the 10 years immediately preceding the date of hire.
Part-time positions work up to 1,000 hours per calendar year and allow employees the ability to work around commitments outside of the County. We offer summer employment, student positions, college intern positions, and year-round part-time employment.
Those employed full-time receive a full benefits package, growth opportunities and employee training along with generous tuition reimbursement. More details can be found at www.oakgov.com/jobs.
We recognize that your hard work and dedication to the communities we serve are the driving force behind our success and we continually look for additional ways to build a positive work environment. Join us on our journey to continue to make Oakland County a great place to Live, Work & Play.