Congregation Shaarey Zedek (CSZ) is seeking a skilled Project Manager whose main function will be to coordinate and implement activities to connect with and engage the congregation and the broader Jewish community in our inclusive, deeply connected, and evolving synagogue. Getting input from programming organizers, clergy, and lay leaders, the Communications and Marketing team needs to reliably deliver timely and accurate messaging in a high-paced environment consistent with our brands. Our Marketing and Communication team includes designers, a video editor, and a social media specialist, along with other professional contractors. Are you someone who wants to lead such a team?
Summary: CSZ is seeking a Project Manager to plan, coordinate, and oversee the implementation of our Marketing and Communication projects, consisting of print, electronic, and social media communications that serve to promote the synagogue and its activities throughout the membership and broader Jewish community.
The Project Manager is a full-time regular on-site position and reports to the Director of Engagement.
Qualifications & Skills
1. Organized project manager who has 2-6 years of experience in coordinating the deployment of concurrent tasks, creating a plan, and ensuring that milestones and deliverables are achieved.
2. Expertise in setting up and managing to project timelines and schedules.
3. Experience writing clear and concise summaries.
4. Ability to update and maintain websites and databases (Knowledge of WordPress or another CMS preferred)
5. Supervisory experience of contractual professionals
6. Detail and goal oriented
7. Familiarity with the work of graphic designers, social media specialists, photo/video editors, and web designers.
8. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team with multiple priorities, achieving reliable, timely, and complete results.
9. Familiarity with the terminology, methods, and concepts of marketing and communications is preferred.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
1. Implement the strategy for Communications and Marketing as developed by our volunteer Communications & Marketing Committee
2. Plan, delegate, oversee, and ensure timely completion of multiple simultaneous Communications & Marketing efforts for programs, services, and other messaging.
3. Supervise the Communications & Marketing team of contract professionals to produce emails, social media, text messages, web postings, posters, press releases, and other materials.
4. Convey to team members the desires of clergy , management, and volunteers with respect to Communications & Marketing, synthesizing internal discussions.
5. Write, edit, and disseminate summaries and include these in emails (mass and targeted), social media posts, press releases and media advisories.
6. Manage website content and maintenance
7. Partner with Director of Engagement to strategize and plan the calendar for all CSZ promotional efforts
8. Coordinate and oversee execution of all print, electronic, and social media communications
9. Support the Director of Engagement in project management and implementation of other areas as requested
Compensation: $50,000 - $60,000 annually depending upon experience. CSZ offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick leave, and paid Jewish and secular holidays.
Application: Please email a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com to apply. No phone calls please.
We are a large, vibrant Conservative Jewish synagogue in Southfield, MI. The staff's mission is service to the congregation, where every member of our diverse team is an important component of the excellence that we create together.