About 80% of this role will be sales-focused while the remaining 20% will be focused on account management. In the role of Outside Sales Representative, you will take ownership of the southeast Michigan and Toledo, Ohio areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
-Manage business relationships for the municipal market
-Negotiate pricing and contracts; ensure contract terms are met
-Develop and maintain relationships with potential and existing clients
-Provide information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients
-Other duties or projects as assigned
The successful candidate profile includes:
-Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, marketing, sales, management, or related field
-Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
-Ability to attend evening meetings
-Understanding of the municipal decision-making process
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Prior waste experience is a plus, but not required
-Prior experience in municipal government or relations is preferred
At Priority Waste, there are fundamental qualities that we look for in all our employees:
-People who excel in a collaborative environment (team players)
-A willingness to do whatever the situation calls for
-An excitement to be part of a growing organization
-A genuine understanding that the quality of your work has a direct impact on the company’s success
Location & Travel
The Outside Sales Representative requires 100% travel, including occasional visits to our corporate office in Clinton Township, MI. A monthly vehicle allowance will be provided.
Priority Waste, headquartered in Clinton Township, Michigan, provides waste hauling services. Our company has experienced rapid growth since its founding in 2018. This growth has allowed us to continually expand our workforce. The Company operates out of several facilities, including two transfer stations. Priority Waste maintains a diversified platform providing service to both municipal solid-waste, construction and demolition customers. Through our yellow fleet of residential, roll off, and front load trucks and containers, Priority Waste makes the customer experience our #1 priority.