Job Summary: Identifying and labeling public utility mains which are underground.
● Complete locates accurately.
● Complete daily workload efficiently.
● Perform locates with safety in mind.
● Keep lines of communication open with management.
● Help in other areas if needed.
● Follow company guidelines set forth in employee manual.
● Be reassigned and willingly to perform duties in new areas when asked.
● Work after hours on call when scheduled.
● Always be reachable when on after-hours duty.
● Respect and care for company issued equipment.
● Conduct daily activities courteously and professionally.
● Report any problems on a job site to your immediate supervisor.
● File and record reports when necessary.
● Maintain a good attendance record.
● Wear company issued uniform, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and identification at all times during working hours.
● Perform other duties as assigned by Superiors.
Job Qualifications Education
● High School or GED
Qualifications and Experience
● Valid driver’s license.
● Two plus years locating experience, a plus
● Satisfactory driving record for 3 years
● Understand maps and directions.
● Basic computer skills Abilities
● Ability to work outside most of the time while multitasking
● The ability of lifting 30 lbs.
● Be able to climb fences and frequently bend over to work in utility access areas
● Walk for long periods of time over rough terrain.
URG is a full-service utility contractor, providing a variety of infrastructure service solutions to utilities and municipalities. We specialize in:
Our customers include major utility companies like Comcast, NiSource, Peoples Gas, Consumers Energy, and DTE Energy as well as municipal organizations such as the City of Detroit.
We are fully insured and have an experienced, stable workforce that uses the latest equipment and technology. We are available 24/7 for both scheduled and emergency work. In addition, our management team has over 150 combined years of experience in the utility and construction industries, locally, regionally, and nationally.
At Utility Resource Group, LLC, we take pride in serving utility companies, municipalities and the excavating community. Our reputation in the utility contracting industry has been built on our commitment to providing our customers with unsurpassed quality, safety, and timely service.