THIS SCHEDULE IS FOR A P.M. SHIFT, (2:00 PM - 10:30 PM), SUNDAY - THURSDAY
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes.
Customer Service & Outreach Rep
What will I be doing?
The Customer Service and Outreach Representative is responsible for overall customer account management of all products, including order and renewal support, product provisioning and providing superior service to all customers. The customer service representative will also provide proactive outreach to customers regarding their existing holdings, while working closely with sales, marketing, pricing, finance and segment planning.
In this position, you will also…
• Maintains a valued, partner relationship with the customer and sales throughout the lifecycle of the account and/or orders
• Provides proactive, seamless customer support and coordinate responses with other internal departments or external vendors
• Troubleshoots customer inquiries to develop and provide solutions that will satisfy customer’s needs
• Responds with a high degree of professionalism and commitment to customer satisfaction
• Provides account maintenance support of online and traditional products, such as IP maintenance, usage, claims processing, etc.
• Seamlessly manages large or complex orders that are unable to flow through Order Cloud, identifying the appropriate process for completion and ensuring a high level of accuracy
• Provisions product access based on contract details and customer requirements
• Initiate the customer onboarding process, communicating authentication information and other relevant information
• Fosters and manages vendor relationships for their support needs
• Outreach to customers regarding product changes or discontinuations. Set up for complementary trial products as needed and refer to sales for follow up
• Monitors for low usage accounts and potential training opportunities
• Maintains SalesForce.com detailed notes and relevant information on each outreach effort
• Analyzes data and create reports showing performance of outreach initiatives
• Analyzes and prioritize current workloads based on urgency, received dates, revenue, etc. to ensure that department and business deadlines are met
Reasons you should apply...
1. You enjoy working with customers!
2. You enjoy working for a purpose driven organization!
3. You have strong communication skills!
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You don’t enjoy troubleshooting.
2. You don't enjoy working on order processing or renewals.
3. You don’t want to work afternoon/evening hours.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree preferred with minimum 1 year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in a high-volume customer service or sales organization, preferably serving global customers or relevant experience
• Proven phone skills
• Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products
• Knowledge of SalesForce.com or similar tool
• Excellent interpersonal skills: able to forge strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong analytical skills (system analysis, troubleshooting, etc.)
• High attention to detail and proven organization and administration skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to learn and adjust to new things very rapidly
• Ability to productively work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Ability to learn new products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services
• Ability to adjust work schedule to meet month end deadlines
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Multi-lingual skills are preferable for international support
• Strong understanding of ProQuest policies and procedures and how they relate to product, market and/or regions
• Experience with billing/accounting/collections invoicing
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• ProQuest named Top Work Places in 2020 by the Detroit Free Press
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in our ProQuest headquarters office located in Ann Arbor, MI.
• This position requires attendance of Sunday – Thursday, with the hours being 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm with some flexibility around a combination of work from home and based out of the office.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a passionate professional with a drive for success, please consider joining our talented team!!
ProQuest is committed to empowering researchers and librarians around the world. The company’s portfolio of assets -- including content, technologies and deep expertise -- drives better research outcomes for users and greater efficiency for the libraries and organizations that serve them.
ProQuest is a key partner for content holders of all types, preserving and enabling access to their rich and varied information. Those partnerships have built a growing content collection that now encompasses 90,000 authoritative sources, 6 billion digital pages and spans six centuries. It includes the world’s largest collection of dissertations and theses; 20 million pages and three centuries of global, national, regional and specialty newspapers; more than 450,000 ebooks; rich aggregated collections of the world’s most important scholarly journals and periodicals; and unique vaults of digitized historical collections from great libraries and museums, as well as organizations as varied as the Royal Archives, the Associated Press and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This vast content allows serious research of virtually any research topic from multiple perspectives and across multiple formats. Precision search of the content is enabled through ProQuest’s renowned ability to structure data for simple access and discovery by students, scholars and information seekers of all kinds. These ProQuest technologies uncover the right content at the right time, while others streamline research routines with automated bibliographic support and document management, and by providing online platforms for anytime, any place collaboration. For librarians, ProQuest is an essential partner in driving the transformation of their organizations, providing practical and increasingly interoperable Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for acquisition, assessment, management and marketing of their information collections.
ProQuest’s innovations are built from a spectrum of expertise that has developed organically and as companies have joined the enterprise. Affiliate Bowker is acclaimed for its century of experience in the organization of book data via classics such as Books in Print. ProQuest’s aggregation solutions are supported by renowned skills in abstracting and indexing, while its historical collections leverage unique talent in the preservation and digitization of rare archival collections. Its EBooks area – encompassing pioneering brands ebrary and EBL-EBook Library – solve challenges related to emerging electronic formats. Other notable brands include the iconic ProQuest Dialog® information service that powers innovation in corporations; the Summon® discovery service, which enables patrons search their library’s collection through a single online portal; RefWorks, which provides students and faculty with a digital space for collaboration and management of all their research; Pivot™, a resource that matches funding and collaborators with researchers; and Intota®, a new management platform that enables libraries to make the shift from print to “e.”
ProQuest is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with offices around the world.