FlyAway Valet is looking for Airport Parking Ambassador’s to assist with our valet and parking operations. No experience required. Customer service and facilities maintenance experience welcomed!
START YOUR NEW CAREER THIS SPRING!!!
1. Must be 18 or older
2. Must have valid drivers license
To get started, fill out an application online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/672012
Employment Type: Full Time ONLY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $15.50 - $15.75
Income Potential: Make up to $50,000 annually with overtime
Location: Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), MI
New Hire Bonus of $250 paid during first 90 days - Full Benefits begin on 91st day.
• L2 Thu-Fri 7:00-15:30 / Sat-Sun-Mon 9:00-17:30 / Tues-Wed OFF
• L4 Sun-Thurs 15:30-00:00 / Fri-Sat OFF
• L6 Wed-Fri 18:00-2:30 / Sat-Sun 23:30-8:00 / Mon-Tues OFF
The Parking Facility Ambassador is responsible for keeping the parking garage at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport clean and in excellent condition. This position is involved with facility maintenance duties and customer interface. Previous experience is preferred, but not required in all positions. Individual must be able to perform with minimum supervision. Other duties may include equipment service and general housekeeping tasks.
• Perform all maintenance and cleaning tasks noted in the checklists and as directed by the facility manager/supervisor to ensure that all dirt, dust, litter, and debris is removed from all areas of the facility using brooms, mops, brushes and other hand tools.
• Walk garage daily to note and correct any maintenance problems.
• Sweep and pick up around the entrances and exits to the garage and stairwells as well as clean surface area rails, etc. on all levels.
• Paint all areas of the facility as directed by the facility manager/supervisor to ensure that all painted surfaces such as poles, signs, doors, walls, curbs, islands, gates, etc. are properly maintained and look neat and clean.
• Replace burned out bulbs.
• Apply oil absorbent to oil spills.
• Submit requests for repairs or maintenance.
• Check conditions of safety items, such as gate arms to ensure clearance bars are secure.
• Provide ticket and record gate counters to the Manager.
• Maintain a garage/lot sweep sheet.
• Operate automatic sweepers, scrubbers, outdoor equipment such as weed eater, lawnmowers or other electrical tools to repair or construct items, as applicable.
• Shovel, plow or blow snow from the entrance or exit ramps and in areas designated by the Facility Manager using shovels, snow blowers and other light duty equipment.
• Report any unknown, observed, or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager in a timely manner.
• Assist customers within the facility or as directed by the Facility Manager/Supervisor.
• Resolve customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or a combination of experience and education. May require facility maintenance, electrical and or painting experience and or skills training depending on the job assignment and facility.
License Requirement: The individual will be required to have and maintain a valid state-issued driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Customer Service: Maintains positive attitude. Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and interpret the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and to communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms; stand or walk for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). The employee is also frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. In addition, the employee is required to of twist, turn, stretch, and bend on a frequent basis. The employee must be able to lift and move 50 pounds or more regularly. The employee must be able to move in a relatively quick manner. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to withstand working with dust, chemicals and other possible irritants and work in extreme weather conditions (rain, snow, cold, heat).