Job Title Sewer
Expected Hours of Work
Full Time: Monday – Friday at least 8 hours a day, with possible daily overtime and on Saturdays.
Hourly wage based on Experience. Paid on a weekly basis.
· Set-up, thread, and maintain sewing machine.
· Knowledge of when and how to adjust thread tension and stitches per inch.
· Ability to measure including hem and stitches per inch.
· Ability to join sew, deck sew, maintain even sew lines with and without foot/gauge.
· Ability to follow written instructions and check every part to sample.
· Willingness to learn and operate machines including but not limited to: Box stitch, double needle, bar tack, grommet, snap machine, binder, RF welder, straight knife cutting machine.
Secondary Expectations (will train as Required)
· Produce product by methods including but not limited to sewing, cutting with table saw, gluing.
· Ability to handle large, bulky parts.
· Assist other classifications/departments as needed.
· General assembly, kitting, packaging, sorting, organizing.
This job description provides a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at times with or without notice.
· Good attendance
· Technical capacity
· Ethical conduct
· Team oriented.
· Willingness to learn and support other departments.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to sparks or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job site can be loud.
Ability to sit for long periods of time. This position also requires frequent standing, bending, twisting, lifting, pulling and/or moving of up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent number of years of education, training, experience.