Restaurant Equippers is a mass merchandiser serving the food service industry. We keep prices low by buying in huge lots and eliminating unnecessary frills: no commissioned salespeople or glossy catalogs… no design services… just food service equipment & supplies at low warehouse prices available for immediate store pickup or delivery.
We are looking for a full time and or part-time, day-time cashier for our Southfield, Michigan location. The successful candidate will be customer focused and provide friendly and efficient checkout experience to our restaurant owner customers, as well as the public.
· Scanning merchandise, verifying quantities purchased and pricing accuracy
· Collect payment of cash, credit cards, checks and/or gift certificates in accordance with company policies and procedures
· Bag, box or package customer merchandise
· Update and maintain customer database as needed
· Customer Service – Continually demonstrate a genuinely friendly and helpful demeanor.
· Communication – Possess exemplary communication skills along with ability to listen and interpret customer needs.
· Basic computer and mathematical skills and experience making change and handling multiple payment types.
· High organizational skills and high attention to detail.
· Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds
Wage: $15.00 -$17.50 per hour
Part Time: 20 to 30 hours per week.
Full Time: 40 hours per week with the possibility of overtime. Full time positions also include and generous benefits package.
Shift: Variable based on need but generally 8:00 am to approximately 5:00pm Monday through Friday, and an estimated 2 Saturdays per month 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. Part time shifts would also fall within this time frame but are limited to less than 30 hours per week.