Please apply on Dakkota.com/careers for our new Hazel Park Location! Immediate openings!
Better Opportunities, Better Futures 2nd and 3rd shift Production Operator/Assembler
Starting rate of pay $14.50 per hour
$500 sign-on bonus after 90 days
Benefits available 1st of the month following date of hire
Come join our brand new facility in Hazel Park, MI!
Dakkota Integrated Systems manages the complete assembly and sequencing of modules for OEMs and Tier One suppliers.
Dakkota values a culture of a family-like atmosphere and is committed to work-life balance, while placing an emphasis on continuous improvement and professional development to grow within, and outside, of Dakkota.
From our founding through our tremendous growth, Dakkota believes in building professional and personal relationships reliant upon compassion, care, respect and engagement, among other key values.
Dakkota Integrated Systems, a joint venture with majority partner Rush Group LLC and Magna International Inc., was established in 2001 to manage the complete assembly and sequencing of modules for OEMs and Tier One suppliers.
Dakkota’s vision and culture are firmly based on high regard for our diverse employees and customers. Accordingly:
- We strive to be the best place to work in the eyes of our team.
- We become better people because of our Dakkota experience; and Dakkota becomes better because of our contributions.
- We continually work to exceed expectations.
Key Areas of Responsibility (Answerable for the following end results)
- Operate production tooling and equipment in a manner that achieves production and quality goals and standards.
- Assist in maintaining Business Operating System integrity and alerting those situations that do not meet the quality system requirements to management.
- Maintain integrity of tooling and equipment necessary to perform work.
- Disposition and move suspect assemblies or components to Non-Conforming or assembly rework area.
- Work in a manner that promotes teamwork among fellow workers.
- Communicate effectively with direct supervision on all aspects of the job performance, including across all shifts.
- Accurately complete all paperwork associated with the job assignment.
- Document all activities as required.
- Adhere to all company guidelines for Emergency Evacuation to ensure employee safety.
- Any additional responsibility deemed necessary by management.
Limits of Authority
- Advise Department Manager of those situations that may pose a significant risk to the program, product assurance, facilities, employee safety or customer satisfaction results.
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance relating to product, process & systems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process or system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through the appropriate channels and verify implementation.
- Control further processing and delivery of nonconforming product until the deficiency is corrected.
Basic Education, Experience and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Good written and mathematical skills.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Possesses color and/or appearance testing approval where applicable.
- Familiar with quality specifications and documentation in an automotive environment a plus.
- Dakkota Orientation
- Dakkota Vision and Culture
- Departmental Training
- Process 06 – Dakkota Production System
- Process 12 – Preventive, Corrective and Nonconformance Management
- Company Training
- Quality Mission Statement
Health, Safety and Physical Demand Requirements
- 50 pounds lifting.
- Able to tolerate standing for 8 hours or more.
- Occasional lifting, climbing, carrying, pulling, griping, grasping and reaching 11-64% of work day.
- Hand and eye coordination.
Risks Associated with Job Function